Seabrook Criminal Attorney Ready to Help
Have you been arrested on criminal charges in Seabrook, TX? An experienced Seabrook criminal lawyer can help you understand your legal rights and legal options against the charges you face. Nathaniel Pitoniak is a former prosecutor with ten years of experience as a criminal defense lawyer in Seabrook and across Harris County, Texas. Call the Law Office of Nathaniel Pitoniak today to learn more about your rights in a free consultation: (832) 315-6283.
The Value of Prosecutorial Experience
A criminal defense lawyer with experience as a prosecutor has a well-rounded perspective of the criminal justice system. Nathaniel Pitoniak worked as a prosecutor in the Harris County District Attorney’s Office, a region where he now defends clients accused of crimes. His knowledge gained as a prosecutor is often useful for a variety of reasons, such as:
- An understanding of how prosecutors approach plea bargaining
- Knowledge of how to negotiate reduced sentences
- Awareness of when the prosecutor’s office may agree to drop charges
- An informed perspective of how both sides of the criminal justice system function.
Each case is unique and must be evaluated on an individual basis. However, in some cases, a former prosecutor can potentially offer a perspective not found with criminal defense lawyers who lack such experience.
What Should You Do After an Arrest in Seabrook, TX?
When criminal charges are filed, the state will often do everything it can to obtain a conviction. The system allows defendants to protect their legal rights with the assistance of a lawyer who can represent them throughout the criminal process. This is why consulting with an experienced Seabrook criminal lawyer is an important step to consider for those charged with a crime.
Without legal representation, it is easier for a defendant to make a mistake that could potentially harm their case. For example, police may use statements made by the accused to substantiate an arrest, which could have been avoided if a lawyer was present during the interrogation. Generally, it is best to avoid speaking to the police at all without an attorney. Consider contacting an experienced Seabrook criminal defense attorney today to learn more about your legal rights and options.
How a Seabrook Criminal Lawyer Can Help Clients
A criminal lawyer can offer their legal perspective on a variety of important matters related to a criminal case, such as:
- Whether it makes more sense for the client to plead guilty, not guilty, or no contest.
- Representing the client during courtroom proceedings.
- Evaluating the case for weaknesses in the prosecution’s argument.
- Presenting case weaknesses to convince prosecutors to drop charges, if applicable.
- Negotiating with prosecutors for a plea agreement, if it is in the client’s best interest.
- Representing the client during sentencing and possibly negotiating a lighter sentence.
- Guiding the client through the appeals process.
Your legal options will depend on a variety of factors, including the charges you face, any previous criminal history, and where the charges were filed. Former felony prosecutor Nathaniel Pitoniak can provide more information about your case in a free consultation.
Former Prosecutor Now Represents Defendants
If you are considering hiring a criminal lawyer, it may benefit you to find an attorney with experience in the specific charges you face. The Law Office of Nathaniel Pitoniak offers legal counsel in the following areas of criminal law:
- Sex crimes – A conviction for sexual assault, child sex offenses, prostitution, or another sex crime can follow someone forever. Even after serving a prison sentence, sex offenders must participate in the statewide registry. Legal guidance can help potentially build a strong case to defend against these types of criminal charges.
- Violent crimes – Murder, assault, and other violent crimes carry some of the harshest penalties in Texas. However, the state has the burden of proving guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. An experienced violent crime lawyer may help their clients obtain an acquittal or negotiate a plea deal for their client.
- Drug crimes – Possession or distribution of drugs is taken seriously in Seabrook and throughout the state of Texas. Depending on the nature of the allegations, a long prison sentence could be imposed for certain types of drug crimes.
- Gun crimes – Texans take their gun rights seriously, but there are still several serious gun-related offenses, many of which can result in serious consequences for the defendant.
- DWI – A DWI charge in Seabrook can result in anything from a short county jail sentence to a 10-year prison stay, depending on how many prior offenses a defendant has on their record. Additionally, aggravating circumstances, such as a fatal DWI crash, could result in more severe charges.
- Child Endangerment – If you have been accused of child endangerment or child abandonment, remember that you are innocent until proven guilty. Our Seabrook criminal defense lawyers have seen cases of individuals falsely accused of these serious crimes and are prepared to help these defendants, regardless of innocence or guilt.
- Fraud – Texas law identifies several forms of illegal misrepresentation, otherwise known as fraud. Those charged with credit card fraud, securities fraud, forgery, and other fraud-related offenses may benefit from legal advice.
- Financial crimes – Sometimes referred to as white-collar crimes, financial offenses must be taken seriously. Money laundering, embezzlement, and other financial crimes can result in serious prison time if there is a conviction.
Reach Out to an Experienced Seabrook Criminal Lawyer Today for a Free Consultation
Most people who are charged with crimes feel overwhelmed and unsure of what their next steps should be to ensure that they receive a strong defense against criminal charges. During this extremely stressful time, it is normal to have legal questions. For most defendants, speaking with a seasoned criminal lawyer in their area can help them find answers. If you or a loved one has been arrested, the experienced Seabrook criminal lawyer Nathaniel Pitoniak is available to help you answer your legal questions. You can learn more about your case by calling Nathaniel today at (832) 315-6283.