Tomball Criminal Attorney Ready to Help
Have you or someone you care about recently been arrested in Tomball, Texas? Former prosecutor Nathaniel Pitoniak now serves as a Tomball, TX criminal lawyer, and can help you understand all of your legal options given the specific facts and circumstances of your case. Call the Law Office of Nathaniel Pitoniak today at (832) 315-6283 to have your questions answered, and ensure your legal rights remain protected. Call 24/7 for your free consultation.
Areas of Practice
Nathaniel Pitoniak is a former Harris County prosecutor who has been representing defendants as a criminal lawyer for over 15 years. The Law Office of Nathaniel Pitoniak offers legal services to those who have been charged with the following crimes:
- Assault – Texas has several types of assault charges, including misdemeanor, felony, and aggravated assault, along with other related offenses.
- Domestic violence – Legally known as Assault Against a Family Member in Texas, domestic violence charges can be either misdemeanors or felonies, depending on whether it is the first offense.
- Drug crimes – Nathaniel Pitoniak has handled drug cases, including misdemeanors and felonies for possession and distribution. He has fought to get acquittals, pre-trial interventions, reduced sentences, and plea bargains for clients charged with drug crimes.
- DWI – Each DWI case must be evaluated individually. An established DWI defense lawyer will evaluate a case and devise a strong legal plan for their client, which will vary depending on the circumstances of the case.
- Expunction – We believe individuals with criminal records deserve second chances. An expunction (also called expungement) may be an option for those who have been acquitted, pardoned, had charges dismissed, and other circumstances. You can learn more in a free consultation.
- Fraud – Those facing allegations of forgery, credit card fraud, motor vehicle fraud, writing bad checks, and other types of fraud can learn more about their options by speaking to an attorney.
- Gun crimes – Gun charges like unlawful possession of a firearm and related offenses like armed robbery can carry severe penalties and must be taken seriously. An experienced gun crime lawyer may be able to help.
- Mental health defense – Mental health issues are a major contributing factor in some crimes. Defendants with mental health disorders may benefit from the assistance of an attorney who understands the legal aspects of mental health defense.
- Misdemeanors – Though less serious than felonies, a misdemeanor conviction can still have long-term consequences. An experienced Tomball, TX criminal lawyer can help determine what type of defense strategy best suits your case.
- Murder – The Law Firm of Nathaniel Pitoniak has represented clients in various Texas homicide cases, including murder and manslaughter.
- Sex crimes – A veteran sex crimes lawyer can help analyze a case and determine all the legal courses of action available for their client.
- Theft – All types of theft crimes can carry serious consequences, whether it is shoplifting or extortion. A lawyer with experience in these cases can help you understand the charges you face.
- White-collar crimes – Money laundering, embezzlement, and securities fraud are just a few examples of white-collar crimes. The Law Firm of Nathaniel Pitoniak offers representations for all types of financial and white-collar offenses.
Remember that every criminal case has its own complex circumstances. You can learn more about your particular case, your rights, and possible defenses against the charges by speaking with an experienced criminal defense attorney.
Should You Hire a Former Prosecutor as a Criminal Defense Lawyer?
A search for a criminal defense attorney can be overwhelming. There may be dozens or even hundreds of choices in the area where the charges have been filed. However, most criminal defense attorneys do not have experience as prosecutors. Those who do have prosecutorial experience may be able to offer certain benefits that others do not.
Tomball, TX criminal lawyer Nathaniel Pitoniak spent several years in the Harris County District Attorney’s Office as a prosecutor. Today, he is a seasoned criminal defense attorney with over 15 years of experience representing clients in criminal cases. Here are a few potential benefits of working with a former prosecutor as your criminal defense lawyer:
- Knowledge of how the prosecution approaches criminal cases.
- Insight into what the prosecution looks for in plea agreement negotiations.
- An understanding of how charges could be dropped based on lack of evidence.
- Potential relationships with prosecutors can be useful in a variety of negotiations.
The Past Results of a Criminal Defense Lawyer
A criminal defense lawyer’s past track record is not a guarantee of future results. However, comparing case results can help differentiate between a group of lawyers under consideration. A lawyer with a longer track record of experience and positive results for their clients may stand out over a newer attorney with a smaller resume.
Along with case results, reviews and awards can be a useful way of differentiating between lawyers under consideration. Peruse Google Reviews to see thoughts from past clients. Overwhelmingly positive reviews are most likely a good sign, while a lawyer with several major complaints from clients may be best avoided.
Obtain a Free Case Evaluation from an Experienced Tomball, TX Criminal Lawyer
A strong legal defense against criminal charges could have a major impact on the defendant’s future. Veteran Tomball, TX criminal defense lawyer Nathaniel Pitoniak is proud to stand by his clients and explore all available options. Nathaniel’s prosecutorial background gives him unique insights into the workings of the Harris County criminal justice system. Whether it is fighting for an acquittal, negotiating a plea deal, or convincing the prosecution to completely drop the charges, the Law Office of Nathaniel Pitoniak is committed to working hard for his clients.
If you or a loved one has been arrested and you are exploring your legal options, Nathaniel wants to hear from you. You can learn more about your legal rights and receive legal guidance by calling The Law Office of Nathaniel Pitoniak today for a free consultation: (832) 315-6283.